white or nearly white powder that is usually a mixture of calcium chloride hypocrite, CaCl(OCl); calcium hypochlorite, Ca(OCl) 2; and calcium chloride, CaCl 2.
- It is used as a strong bleaching agent, as a disinfectant, and in making Javelle water .
- Bleaching powder was first produced in 1799 by Charles Tennant in Glasgow, Scotland.
- It is used for manufacturing of chloroform.
- It is used for bleaching silk and wool.
- It is used as an oxidising agent in many chemical industries to obtain various chemical products.
- It is mainly used as bleaching agent for cotton, linen and wood pulp.
- Form: Dry Powder
- Bottle Material: Plastic
- Packaging Size: 200 Gm /500 Gm /1 Kg